Ummm. So despite not having time to do anything but study and work these days, I was considering going to the annual Washington Auto Show this year… until I saw that this very special guest honored us with her presence. I’m sure she was as equally excited to be here as DC car fanatics were to see her. For 2 hours. To talk about “acting”. At a car show.
Whatevs though, I can’t knock the paper chase. Get that coin, gurl.
"F For You" - Disclosure featuring Mary J Blige
Gottdamn this is so good. It might take MJB a whole minute to start singing but lawd almighty what an entrance.
"A Change is Gonna Come (Sam Cooke Cover)" - The Fugees
Smile Friday: Last September I spent the weekend in Baltimore with this rill handsome dude and he took this photo of me on the steps of the Fells Point police station where Homicide: Life on the Street was filmed and as a Christmas gift he had this framed but I didn’t want to see a photo of my moose knuckle all the time so I insisted he keep it on his shelf but otherwise this is an awesome shot and also I recently discovered that he knew about my tumblr all along and I’m so emburrusss
I heard about the freezing rain that made its way to DC this morning but I figured (like all weather-related things in DC) it was NBD. So on my way to work today it took me four steps before I realized the whole sidewalk was covered in thin ice and I started slipping. For about 10 seconds over a span of 7 feet, it looked like I was doing some sort of “Run the World (Girls)” dance:
Though my face was probably more like:
But in the end I pulled a Surya:
- "Help Me Lose My Mind" - Disclosure feat. London Grammar
- "Hold On, We’re Going Home (Kastle Remix) – Drake
- "Hell Could Freeze" - Rudimental feat. Angel Haze
- “New Slaves (LAKIM Remix)” – Kanye West
- “Y.A.L.A.” – M.I.A.
- “Bravado (FFRRANNNO Remix)” – Lorde
- “It Is What It Is” – Blood Orange
- “Yoncé / Partition” – Beyoncé
- “Forbidden Fruit” – J. Cole feat. Kendrick Lamar
- “1 Train” – A$AP Rocky feat. Kendrick Lamar, Joey Bada$$, Yelawolf, Danny Brown, Action Bronson, Big K.R.I.T.
- “Beware” – Big Sean feat. Lil Wayne, Jhene Aiko
- “Body Party” – Ciara
- “Electric Lady” – Janelle Monae feat. Solange
- “That Girl” – Justin Timberlake
- “O Meu Amor” – SevnthWonder
- “Open Your Eyes” – John Legend
- “Honeymoon Avenue” – Ariana Grande
- “I Can’t Fight” – Tiffany Evans
- “La La La La” – Ari Lennox
- “Ocean” – Alice Smith
- “I Want You Back” – Yuna
- “Pirouette” – Made in Heights
- “Shock To Your System” – Tegan and Sara
- “Breezeblocks (Nicita Remix)” – Alt-J
- “Ya Hey” – Vampire Weekend
- “Next Year (RAC Remix)” – Two Door Cinema Club
- “Kids (Oliver Nelson Remix)” – Mikky Ekko
- “Don’t Wanna Be Your Girl” – Wet
- “To the Last” – James Blake
- “Hey Now” – London Grammar
Sorry guys but this is not a collection of piano covers I recorded at age 7. It’s that time of the year when I post a playlist of my favorites songs of 2013. Again, annual playlists aren’t too challenging to throw together when you set a few simple rules:
1. No repeat artists. Though this year I let a few featured artists appear twice.
So basically you end up with leftover gems from really great albums, or tracks that didn’t make the cut from previous playlists. Don’t get me wrong though— they’re all stellar tracks and I love them all.
Happy New Year! Bring it, 2014.
I was at a bad gay bar last night and this tragically stupid ass ho approached me to say the following things:
"I KNOW you wanna dance with me. I know you can dance. You’re Asian right? You can dance AND dress. Haha!"
"I actually have a husband AND a boyfriend. And a 10 year old at home. Whuuuuut!"
"So how long have you been gay?"
"What nationality are you? Oh Korean! That means you speak Tagalog!"
"How old are you? Let me guess. 48! 35. 21!"
After having to insult her intelligence multiple times, and after being told I look 48 (I know Azns are tricky but damn), I lost all faith in humanity. I proceeded to go home to watch episodes of Golden Girls because you know, it’s a show about people in my age bracket.
"ARE YOU HAPPY TO BE IN PARIS?"
"Are you happy to be in Paris?"
"Are you happy to be in Paris?"
Don’t lie: You know you get mad excited when you hear those seven words begin to fade right before “Partition” starts. You know you look around to make sure you have enough space to grind your hips and pop that ass.
1.) Skeleton Crew
2.) The lady who pronounces Beyoncé’s name “BEYONSS KNOWLES”