Last Friday we went to the Henry Krinkle + Gorgon City concert. We found ourselves surrounded by a whole buncha Beckys. One of them would not leave us alone, insisting that we come out and dance with her. We weren’t having it but I figured I would make use of her and have her take a blurry drunken photo of us. This only encouraged her to pester us though.
Finally the Boo decided to tell her that he was chaperoning his daughter in the crowd behind her and pointed at some random young girl. She got freaked out and ran away.
No offense to this Asian dude right here BUT DAMN FACEBOOK IS RACIST AND DUMB because there I was just minding my business and then Facebook tells me there’s a photo on the internet that I should be tagged in and when I go to look it’s some random Asian guy with questionable hair choices and OMFG this is terrible
I was just flipping through a shoe catalog I got in the mail (made of actual paper) and I saw a pair of cute shoes. The image was kinda small, so OBVIOUSLY I TOOK MY INDEX FINGER AND THUMB TO THE PAGE AND TRIED TO ZOOM IN.
It did not work.
I’m freed from the shackles of disability. The oppressive man known as “RoboBoot” is no longer. His two-month history of repression had to come to an end. Today I am destroying the fetters of “RoboBoot” and I shall live free.
NOW, I WALK UNCHAINED.
(Okay, that was dramatic, gurl.)
NB4R, I’m out of dis bitch. I might walk with a limp but at least I ain’t hauling this piece of shit around anymore. Send praise up.
Bring on the physical therapy and getting my switch back.
Three things happened today.
1. After several months of failed dental work for my two front teeth, I finally got the right crowns put in my mouth. I’m very relieved, but also annoyed that it took so long and that my smile is still a little imperfect.
2. I went to the gym and got some cardio in. I was worried about falling and hurting myself or looking like an idiot, but luckily only the latter happened.
3. There was a carbon monoxide leak in my building and I had to evacuate. Everyone is safe, or so the DC fire department says. The guy whose CO alarm went off and caused all of this is a weirdo so obviously I’m creating paranoid theories in my head.
- "It Won’t Stop" - Sevyn Streeter
- "Poetic Justice" - Elli Ingram
- "Cocoa Butter Kisses" - Chance the Rapper feat. Vic Mensa & Twista
- "Right There" - Ariana Grande feat. Big Sean
- "Luv Back" - Jazmine Sullivan
- "Runnin’" - The Pharcyde
- "Sad Songs" - Melanie Fiona
- "Gone Baby" - MeLo-X feat. Erykah Badu
- "Ready or Not (Clark Kent/Django Remix)" - Fugees
- "Sit N’ Prey" - Joey Bada$$ feat. Dessy Hings & T’nah Apex
- "Electric Relaxation" - A Tribe Called Quest
- "Feel the Love (Woz Remix)" - Rudimental feat. Childish Gambino
- "My Boo (DJ Paimon & DJ Tetris Trap Remix)" - Ghost Town DJs
- "Open (Branchez Bootleg Remix)" - Rhye
- "Swingin Party (Budo Remix)" - Lorde
- "Giving It All" - Bondax
- "Bad Idea" - AlunaGeorge
- "On & On (Kaytranada Remix)" - Snakehips feat. George Maple
- "Addiction" - Kanye West
- "Safe With Me" - Sam Smith
I don’t normally make summer mixtapes, but what the hell: Here’s what I’ve been listening to since June. You can probably tell that the music of the 90’s had a heavy influence here. Wrap up your summer with this mixtape and let me know what you think.
Irony or foreshadowing? Or ironic foreshadowing?
For last year’s “SUMMER JAMZ” I chose to use this artwork: A pair of healthy ankles in some golden Nike track shoes.
Now, I’m on and off crutches or hobbling about town with my roboboot at granny speed.
Ain’t nobody jamming around here.